- Your Orders homescreen is the central location to view all online orders.
- You can filter by Active Orders, Cancelled Orders, or Future Orders by using the drop-down at the top of the screen.
- To see the full order in the ticket format, click Details on the order.
- If you experience any issues with an order (a driver doesn’t show up, you forgot an item), click into the order Details, scroll to the bottom of the ticket and type out the issue. Our team will reach out to resolve this issue
86-ing & Pausing Services
- For staff convenience, temporary ‘86-ing items and temporary pause service (early store closure) requests can be made directly on your Ordermark Tablet. To temporarily ‘86 items, a restaurant team member can easily search a detailed list of all menu items and select “86 Item” for each one.
- You can only access the 86 Tab on the Ordermark tablet.
Sync – Menu Manager
- You have full control to make changes across multiple Delivery Service Providers with ease, immediately.
- Sync allows you to seamlessly manage any menu updates for all online ordering platforms using your Ordermark dashboard.
- Take control and gain flexibility with your online ordering menus! Directly from your Ordermark dashboard, you can submit one or multiple menu changes with just a few clicks. Test seasonal items, full seasonal menus, day-part specific menus, and easily make changes on the fly.
Menu Best Practices
- Review your edits and make sure they are saved by selecting Save.
- Navigating your browser back without selecting Save will discard any unsaved changes. (A confirmation prompt will be displayed when navigating back)
- Remember to select which Delivery Service Provider to publish your changes on.
- Publish the changes by clicking Publish on the upper righthand corner when all edits are done. Publishing will initiate updates for your Delivery Service Providers on all or selected providers.
Creating a Menu
- Select New Menu.
2. Fill in the Menu Name and Description.
3. Add Sections (You can either Create new section or select an existing section to add to this menu.)
4. Select which online ordering service to Publish the menu on.
5. Create a Menu Schedule (times menu is available for customers to order) by selecting Add Time.
Edit an Existing Menu
- Select the 3 dots displayed next to the name of the menu you wish to edit and click the Edit Icon (Pencil).
- To rearrange the order that that your items are displayed, click and hold the dots to the left hand side of the item name, drag and drop to rearrange the order.
Creating a New Section
1. There are 2 ways to create a New Section (Appetizers, Desserts, Combos, etc.):
- Navigate to Sections in the tab bar and then click the New Section button.
- Or, select the Menu you would like to edit and select Add Section button.
2. Enter the Section Name and Description.
3. Add items (Select between the Create New Item button or any existing items available to add to this section.)
4. If you want to rearrange the order that your items are displayed, click into the menu then select the dots to the left-hand side of the item name, drag and drop to rearrange the order.
Editing an Existing Section
1. Navigate to Sections in the tab bar.
2. Click on the Name of the section you would like to edit or select the 3 dots to the right of the section you would like to edit to display options (Edit, Duplicate, or Delete).
3. Make the desired edits.
4. Click Save.
Creating a New Item
1. There are 2 ways to create a new item:
- Select the Items tab on the top and click the New Item button.
- While editing or creating a section, click the Select Item search bar and select the Create new item button.
2. On the New Item screen, enter item details fields.
3. Upload an image, if desired.
4. Assign Modifier Groups if the item requires modifiers.
5. If the item is available in multiple menus or sections but with different pricing, add Price Override rules. Note: The item must be created and placed in a Section before a Price Override can be added.
- Example: You might have an item that should be $10 on the lunch menu, but $12 on the dinner menu. You’d do that with price overrides. Set that item’s default price to $10, then add an override for menu, dinner of $12.
Editing an Existing Item
1. Select the Items tab on the top to display all available items.
2. Click on the Name of the item to edit or select the 3 dots to the right of the item you would like to edit to display your options (Edit, Duplicate, or Remove).
3. Make desired changes.
4. Click Save.
Creating a new Modifier Group
1. There are 2 ways to create a new Modifier Group:
- Select the Modifier Groups on the top and click the New Group button.
- While editing a specific item, click into the Add a Modifier Group search bar and select Create a new modifier group.
2. Enter the Modifier Group Name.
3. Assign Minimum or Maximum.
4. Add or Create Items for the modifier group.
5. Assign which Item(s) the modifier group should be applied to.
6. Click Save.